Home > Forum > Forms > Dynamically read-only item list rows

Dynamically read-only item list rows

Hello,

I would like to make a process where users can add rows to an item list on multiple steps, but be unable to edit previously added rows, except maybe certain columns on certain steps (eg. Completion date). I would also like to know if it's possible to make it so on certain steps, users are able to only edit already added rows, but be unable to add new ones.

Thank you for your help!

MVP

Hi Val,

there may be other ways, but this is how I have done it in the past.
Add a data row column to the field to return the DET_ID, can be marked as a technical field. This will be an indicator, whether the row has been saved. I assume you could delete rows, if you didn't save the instance yet.
Got to the permissions tab of a column and use the DET_ID column to decide whether the field is editable or not.
I typically hide the "add" button using css and an html field which will be displayed in the relevant steps.

You could also go to the form definition of a step, define some rules there and break the settings to change the allowed actions. The screenshot shows the configuration of the item list in the form definition of a step.

I for my part, hate to break inheritance. This requires documentation, so that I won't forget it, but I know that I won't read it anyway. :)

Best regards,
Daniel