Home > Forum > User Voice > Add an own option for setting only id of a choose field

Add an own option for setting only id of a choose field UNDER REVIEW

MVP

Hi,

could we please get an option to define whether we want to set a choose field or only the id of the choose field?

See the attachment as one example.
I have an item list with a drop down and a fixed sql statement with multilingual values.
Assigning the id to the column in a for each loop does not resolve the display name and the "id" value is treated as the display name.
The "solution" aka workaround is to set the id and display name.

That's *beep beep beep beep*.

Could we please have an option to choose whether we want to:
- set the choose field
- or only the id of the choose field. The display name should then be resolved automatically.

I know, that this works in some cases, but I have implemented enough work arounds where it didn't work.

I would like to have this option everywhere where a field can be set. A list of actions which come to mind:
- Change single field
- Change multiple fields
- All Item list actions
- Start workflow
- Start workflow (SQL), maybe we could use the name of the calculated column WFD_AttChooseX_ID to tell the system to set the id
- Move workflow (SQL), maybe we could use the name of the calculated column WFD_AttChooseX_ID to tell the system to set the id
- Invoke REST web service (Assign response values)

I can not remember a case where I would like to actually set the display name. Maybe there was one, but in 99% of all cases I'm only using the id and in 99% of the cases the data source of the choose field is neither an a REST nor a SOAP data source, so resolving the display name would be fast.

Best regards,
Daniel