Home > Forum > Processes > Dynamic generation of HTML code using data row field type no longer working in version 2023.1.3.202

Dynamic generation of HTML code using data row field type no longer working in version 2023.1.3.202

We use in one of our applications the option to generate HTML code (for example extra buttons performing some actions) in list item lines. For this purpose, data row field type was working well. For example such code:

SELECT '<span style="margin:2px;"><button onclick="startAccessRequest( ''{SI:3201}'' );" style="font-weight:bold; color:green; font-size:12px; text-align:center;">&#x2795;</button></span><span style="margin:2px;"><button onclick="startAccessRemoval( ''{SI:3201}'' );" style="font-weight:bold; color:red; font-size:12px; text-align:center;">&#x2796;</button></span>' AS XX

Generated two nice buttons with + and - that performed some actions.

With the current version 2023.1.3.202 WEBCON adds extra " signs, so the entire code is quoted and displayed as text and not intepreted as HTML

I would appreciate any idea how to solve the issue

In reply to: Jarosław Kommisarczyk

Unfortunately, using calculated text column is not a solution. The result is the same - the content is quoted insted of being presented as is. See the screenshot presenting DOM elements

Unfortunately, I don't have this exact version so I can't test it, (on my version it still works) but it's very strange that these " characters are added after <span> and before <button> tag :/ (in the middle of the code).

have you tried the same code without <span> tags or maybe a hyperlink <a> with an image will work...