Home > Forum > Database > When is a user synchronization finished?

When is a user synchronization finished?

MVP

Hi everyone,

I have a process which updates the group members.
This is done in async mode because the synchronization takes a while.
I'm trying to prevent updates by moving the workflow to a step which checks whether the synchronization is finished.
As far as I found out so far a job get's added to the [UserSynchronizationQueueItems] of the current content database and it maybe get's deleted when the job is processed.
At least I thought so, because the job got deleted some time after the BPSGroupRelations in the config database had been updated. Unfortunately, the [CacheOrganizationStructureGroupRelations] in the content database still contains the old members for a few seconds. Which makes this check unreliable.
Does anyone have a better idea/understanding of the actual process?

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Lukasz Swiszcz (WEBCON)

Hi Daniel,

I believe your approach should work as expected. We are currently investigating why the old data in [CacheOrganizationStructureGroupRelations] remains even after the synchronization process has completed.

Hi Lukasz,

thanks for the update. :)

For the moment I added an additional check, whether the group contains the expected members. This will of course fail, when someone modified the group via the BPS Portal instead of the process, but it made me realize, that I add some "maximum wait time" check.

Best regards,
Daniel