Home > Forum > General > Group Privileges

Group Privileges

I have a workflow with a step that serves as an approval process. I assign one group and two individuals to this task. My goal is for both individuals to click confirm in this step, and only one person from the group (which contains several people) needs to do so. To summarize, I need to write the logic in a way that differentiates between the assigned individuals and the group, so that only one person from the group needs to confirm. I hope I have explained this clearly enough.

Thank you for your help!

MVP

Hi Mario,

I have never faced a similar use case, the only 100% solution would be to:
- Create the tasks with an action
- Set completion mode of the path to "any" and not parallel
- Move the workflow to a flow control, which verifies the requirements
- If the requirements are not met, move back to the previous step and create the missing tasks.

If you have a version, where assignments to groups are not resolved to individuals, you may have another option.
https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2024R1/Studio/Process/Process_Configuration/Process_Settings#assign-tasks-for-groups-directly-to-group-members
That would be to set the task completion to "wait for required tasks" and use "Fixed number".

I haven't used this configuration before, but it may work if you have always three tasks. I'm also wondering what will happen if an individual is also a part of the group. In this case both tasks may get completed.

Best regards,
Daniel