Home > Forum > User Voice > [FEATURE] Specific document version comparsion

[FEATURE] Specific document version comparsion NOT NOW

MVP

Hello,
current version tracking tool in BPS is pretty good, but i'm lacking one feature.

Let's say we have a workflow, where i'm at version 1, i need to get some more informations, so the document is being send to another people and new versions are being created 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc.
After they will do their job, and i'll receive the document back in version 7 i want to be able to see all changes between version 1 and 7 (x, y).

Instead of displaying incremental list of changes between, just show two columns with two chosen by user versions.

I see it very usefull for huge forms, where tracking all the changes in each step takes more time.
This way there could be a glance view about what changed, and then eventually i could check all te small changes between if needed.

MVP

I would go even a step further and suggest to display the difference to a certain version right on the form.
We recently worked on an RFP where they wanted to display certain changes/differences on the form.

I did not verify, but i think for the time this feature is not available it should be doable with some custom javascript.

What i would try is requesting the data of a history element. via XMLHttpRequest. The url looks like this one:
/api/nav/db/1/app/7/element/22367/desktop?returnurl=%2Fdb%2F1%2Fapp%2F7&historicalversion=292733.
Then use the fields values returned in liteData -> liteModel -> viewModelsList, check for differences and present the changes in a nice way.