Home > User Voice > Add parameter to REST data source - reuse in other processes

Add parameter to REST data source - reuse in other processes NOT NOW

Hi @all,

I´ve many processes they use the same rest-request to fill choice fields, table, etc. But the request requires a dynamic values in _url-parameter_ or _request-body_.

At the moment i´ve to clone the *same* data source for every process... not nice ;-) !

A parameter would solve the problem - like as parameter into rules!

Thanks and best regards
Daniel

MVP

As it would be a really nice feature - for now you can try creating 2 buisness rules with parameters.

1. Buisness rule for whole JSON body, with 4 parameters, and use that rule inside of request.
2. Buisness rule for Suffix with 1 parameter.

Depending on how you want to use it Buisness rules should be configured globally if you want to use them on data source, or could be configured inside process when setting the body inside of Rest WebService action.

By placing those in value mapping / suffix url you should be able to map parameters to those rules giving you what you need :)

SQL From the pictures here: https://pastebin.com/wZx0fXvQ

In reply to: Daniel Töpel

Thanks, Maksymilian Stachowiak.

I already tried that some time ago, but if you use the 'Data Source Value'-function theres no point to set the params for global rule dynamically.

... So i´ve to wait and clone and wait, ... ;-)

Have a nice day!

Hi,
unfortunately the status was set to "not now" and so I've tried again to use the global business rules and I think it could be working, but there is a problem to save the params. In expert modus you see a field like #{I:1234}#. It means the ID-Value from a choice field. If I save only one parameter-field it changed into {#I:1234}# and isn't working. If I save all together then the fields are empty again...

Dear webcon - is this the right way and only params-bug has to resolved?

Thanks and best regards