Home > User Voice > Hiding Rows in Items Lists

Hiding Rows in Items Lists

Hi.
I'm looking for a solution to hide rows of a list element depending on the value of a list element column.
I.e. for a task list I would like to have the row visible for everyone, until the checkbox "done" ist set "true".

I tried with the "Acceptance" function (see Acceptance.png), but the issue is that I can make the column visible for a (single) defined user, but not for multiple users.

Any ideas here?

The preferred would be a "HIDE ITEM LIST ROW" function in the form rules.

Kind regards
Klaus

In reply to: Bjoern Poller

Hello Klaus,

how do you define your "multiple users".

All task owners? Values of a picker field in the ITEM LIST?
Combination of ITEM LIST value and Form Field value?

Kind regards
Bjoern

Hi Bjoern,

in general I would define "multiple users" as any kind of "multiple users". In the actual use case I thought of putting "all domain users" (or any other AD group) as standard. So everybody could see that line. After doing "something" to that row I thought of set "any defined user" in order to hide the column from everybody else.

Kind regards,
Klaus

MVP
In reply to: Klaus Seidler

Hi Bjoern,

in general I would define "multiple users" as any kind of "multiple users". In the actual use case I thought of putting "all domain users" (or any other AD group) as standard. So everybody could see that line. After doing "something" to that row I thought of set "any defined user" in order to hide the column from everybody else.

Kind regards,
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

you could use the following as an alternative:

1) Create a form rule with edit mode JavaScript mode
2) Add a parameter

Use this code and replace the PARAMETER with yours.
setTimeout(function(){
debugger;
var itemListId = PARAMETER.id
var row = $("tr[data-index='"+uxContext.currentRowNumber+"']",$("#SubElems_"+itemListId ))[0]
row.style = "display:none;";
},250);

3) Create another rule where iterate about the rows and call the other form rule, if the condition applies.

4) This will hide all rows, which match the conditions.

Remarks:
- The timeout is necessary, because at the time of executions the item list rows are not visible.
- This won't work if the item list is in collapsed group/other tab
- I changed the naming of the field from visible to hidden so the screenshot don't match up

I wouldn't use this option, but disable those cells/style the rows, so that the users see them, but know that there is nothing left to do. This can be achieved with the default functions options.

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Klaus,

you could use the following as an alternative:

1) Create a form rule with edit mode JavaScript mode
2) Add a parameter

Use this code and replace the PARAMETER with yours.
setTimeout(function(){
debugger;
var itemListId = PARAMETER.id
var row = $("tr[data-index='"+uxContext.currentRowNumber+"']",$("#SubElems_"+itemListId ))[0]
row.style = "display:none;";
},250);

3) Create another rule where iterate about the rows and call the other form rule, if the condition applies.

4) This will hide all rows, which match the conditions.

Remarks:
- The timeout is necessary, because at the time of executions the item list rows are not visible.
- This won't work if the item list is in collapsed group/other tab
- I changed the naming of the field from visible to hidden so the screenshot don't match up

I wouldn't use this option, but disable those cells/style the rows, so that the users see them, but know that there is nothing left to do. This can be achieved with the default functions options.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you!
I will try it out and come back.

Kind regards,
Klaus