Home > Forum > User Voice > Hiding Rows in Items Lists

Hiding Rows in Items Lists

Hi.
I'm looking for a solution to hide rows of a list element depending on the value of a list element column.
I.e. for a task list I would like to have the row visible for everyone, until the checkbox "done" ist set "true".

I tried with the "Acceptance" function (see Acceptance.png), but the issue is that I can make the column visible for a (single) defined user, but not for multiple users.

Any ideas here?

The preferred would be a "HIDE ITEM LIST ROW" function in the form rules.

Kind regards
Klaus

In reply to: Bjoern Poller

Hello Klaus,

how do you define your "multiple users".

All task owners? Values of a picker field in the ITEM LIST?
Combination of ITEM LIST value and Form Field value?

Kind regards
Bjoern

Hi Bjoern,

in general I would define "multiple users" as any kind of "multiple users". In the actual use case I thought of putting "all domain users" (or any other AD group) as standard. So everybody could see that line. After doing "something" to that row I thought of set "any defined user" in order to hide the column from everybody else.

Kind regards,
Klaus

MVP
In reply to: Klaus Seidler

Hi Bjoern,

in general I would define "multiple users" as any kind of "multiple users". In the actual use case I thought of putting "all domain users" (or any other AD group) as standard. So everybody could see that line. After doing "something" to that row I thought of set "any defined user" in order to hide the column from everybody else.

Kind regards,
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

you could use the following as an alternative:

1) Create a form rule with edit mode JavaScript mode
2) Add a parameter

Use this code and replace the PARAMETER with yours.
setTimeout(function(){
debugger;
var itemListId = PARAMETER.id
var row = $("tr[data-index='"+uxContext.currentRowNumber+"']",$("#SubElems_"+itemListId ))[0]
row.style = "display:none;";
},250);

3) Create another rule where iterate about the rows and call the other form rule, if the condition applies.

4) This will hide all rows, which match the conditions.

Remarks:
- The timeout is necessary, because at the time of executions the item list rows are not visible.
- This won't work if the item list is in collapsed group/other tab
- I changed the naming of the field from visible to hidden so the screenshot don't match up

I wouldn't use this option, but disable those cells/style the rows, so that the users see them, but know that there is nothing left to do. This can be achieved with the default functions options.

Best regards,
Daniel