Home > User Voice > User-Preferences - (additional dictionary like substitutions) automatically create an instance per user

User-Preferences - (additional dictionary like substitutions) automatically create an instance per user

In many tasks we need the same info from the current user. So it would be nice, the user have to write down this only once. Preferred into an additional and self-configurable dictionary, that's called via user-icon. In this way the user can run only one instance.

MVP

I like the idea itself, but I don't think this would work.

I've created something like a user profile in the past for specific workflows. One was for a travel request for which a user could define some default values for specific fields and settings like whether an appointment should be created. A user could only create one "user profile" and the process would use these values.
This worked just fine, but all fields and explanations are process /use case specific, so we would need multiple dictionaries for all those different usages.

Perhaps the easiest way would be to define these user setting dictionary along with the main process. In addition one new application is created where you add these as related and provide the UI for configuration. This works just fine.

In your "real" process application you could provide a link to the "user profile application", just make sure to use the link for production.

Of course it would be nice to mark "user dictionaries" and make them accessible from the user icon itself.

Best regards,
Daniel