Home > Forum > Actions > Start a process from a dictionary

Start a process from a dictionary

I have a dictionary process containing some appartments, and another process where you make reservations. I would like to do one thing - let's say you are browsing the appartments list and when you find the right one, you want to make the reservation right from the appartment form. At the moment to do this I first need to click "edit", then a menu button with the relevant action appears which I can click and all works as planned. I also made a javascript button which invokes the action from the button, but it works only when the menu button is visible. Is there a way to do this "just like that"? I have all the admin rights. But I want to let standard users be able to browse the appartments list (they can do it right now) and start a reservation right from the list or specific appartment form (they will not be able to click "edit").

MVP

Hi Michał,

a menu button can displayed in the view mode, search the help for "Menu button". I marked the relevant part in the attachment.

My best Idea is to start the workflow with a hyperlink action and populate the field with URL parameters. Example from the help:
&AttText1=Hello&AttText2=World
You could even automatically start a path with &PATH_ID, when you are in need to populate some more complicated fields. Kamil has a blog post about this.
https://alterpaths.com/usage-of-url-parameters-in-webcon-bps/

Depending on the number of information I would populate a technical field with the apartment Id, populate the remaining fields. The path would be hidden per form rule, so that the path itself is available and the path itself is executed as a wizard step. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the user will be redirected back to the appartment at a later point. But you could still change the returnurl parameter in the initial hyperlink action. At least this is my idea without testing it

Best regards,
Daniel