Home > Forum > General > Instance numbering question

Instance numbering question

I have a workflow that increments based on FY (ours is not the same as calendar year). ie FF22-####
With the new year, I see that the instance numbering wasn't setup quite right. The userbase needs the instance numbering to reflect FFFY-####, the #### increments throughout the year.

Since the app was using "Instance numbering per year", as soon as we rolled into 2022 it reset from 42 to 0. I need to find an option that just continues to increment for our FY, or at the very least can I define what the # is for a given instance variable so we can pick up where we left off in 2021?

Thanks!

MVP

Hi Bo,

I have to ideas for you, but I'm not sure whether the first one will work:

1) You could create a technical field which gets set to the financial year by a business rule which is used as the default value. Than you could change the automatic numbering to use the date field.

2) Create the signature with a business rule yourself. I used this once to reuse the parent workflow signature in the child workflow signatures. You could create a global business rule if you need this in more workflows.

I have currently limited time so I'm not sure whether I can provide an example.

Best regards,
Daniel