Home > Forum > General > Update WEBCON SharePoint Full-Trust to WEBCON 2022

Update WEBCON SharePoint Full-Trust to WEBCON 2022

Hello everyone,

on one environment we are running WEBCON 2020 with SharePoint Full-Trust installation. Now this environment is to be updated.
In WEBCON 2022 the SharePoint Full-Trust installation is not supported any longer.
So there is the question: How do I proceed, to use WEBCON 2022 with this current installation?
Is there a technical solution from you guys (webcon), to "update" the Full-Trust installation to a standalone?

Or is it necessary to set up a complete new installation with WEBCON 2022 standalone, rebuild all processes and do a migration of all existing data?
That would not be possible without a certain amount of effort.
If I remember correctly, it is not possible to export/import an application from a SharePoint Full-Trust to a standalone nor between systems with different installed major versions (2020 to 2022).

Does anyone have any experience with this matter or can give me some advice?

Best Regards
Tim

MVP

We will face the same challenge. We already thought about how to migrate. In 2021 BPS groups had been introduced also in integrated mode.

I would do it the following way:
1. Update to the latest 2021 Version
2. Move from Sharepoint Groups to BPS Groups and stop synchronizing from Sharepoint site collection.
3. Create Reports and Dashboards instead of using SP pages and old BPS webparts. You may later integrate them in SP with the BPS modern webparts or embed them on the page.
4. Setting up a Standalone Portal on a new Windows server and connect to the existing databases.
5. Move licences to the new server
6. Uninstall WEBCON BPS from the Sharepoint farm.
7. Update to 2022