Home > Forum > Database > Can't delete workflow step because database contains workflow instances associated with this step

Can't delete workflow step because database contains workflow instances associated with this step

Hi,
I can't delete one step from my workflow.
First problem that I have is there is some active elements associated with this step. I deleted it on webcon portal but after that operation I still have comunicate at workflow designer:
"The database contains workflow instances associated with this step. You must delete those elements first in order to delete the step".
On which SQL table I can find that archive elements?
Any ideas how can I fix it?
Thanks advance for your help.

WEBCON

Hi Stanisław,

In order to delete a step it is not enough to delete instances currently in that step, but also every element that traversed that step, because of element history.
We suspect that you’re not able to delete the step because there are existing workflow instances that traversed through that step.

Making any changes directly to SQL tables should not be considered, as it may lead to incompatibility in the system and entails the loss of warranty.

We suggest that, in your scenario, instead of deleting the step, you should hide it in the diagram and in the status panel (screenshot attached).

Alternatively, if it is a DEV or TEST environment, you could remove all elements in process through the Administration tools in Designer Studio (screenshot attached).

Kind regards,
Konrad