Home > Forum > General > Grouping Issue on Web Part

Grouping Issue on Web Part

Hi,

I have an issue with a web part grouping the same title twice.
For example, I have 10 items with the title A. Instead of all items being grouped in one group, I have a group titled "A" with 7 of the items and another group also titled "A" with the remaining 3 items.

Does anyone have an idead what I should try/check?

Thanks

In reply to: Mark

Hi,

Thanks, I'll try that. What can I do if that turns out to be true? I probably can't just replace the ID's in case they are used somewhere else. Is there any workaround to making it work?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

sorry, was in a hurry yesterday ;)

Seems as if you have multiple occurences of the same value with different IDs used in these workflows. So likely you have these in your datasource as well, so first check the datasource entries for that value.

If that is the case you need to decide which entry in the datasource you want to keep, then get rid of the other(s) in the datasource. And as Webcon doesnt change the references in your workflows you need to replace the wrong ones in all workflows you are using them in in the field causing the problem with the correct one.

To find out which entries have which ID I'd do the following:

In the report

create a calculated field A that only shows the values:
dbo.clearwfelem(WFD_Attchoose1)

create a calculated field B that only shows the IDs:
dbo.clearwfelemID(WFD_Attchoose1)

WFD_AttChoose1 of course needs to be replaced with the name of the field that causes the issue.

Then group for calculated fields A / B, and by clicking on the Group B entry you will see which workflows have which ID in that field. After having cleaned your datasource open the other workflows with the wrong ID and choose the correct value and save.

Having clean datasources with no doublets is very important, dropdowns will not be working correctly if there are either multiple entries with the same ID or reoccuring values with different IDs.

Hope this helps :)

In reply to: Christian Amler

Hi Mark,

sorry, was in a hurry yesterday ;)

Seems as if you have multiple occurences of the same value with different IDs used in these workflows. So likely you have these in your datasource as well, so first check the datasource entries for that value.

If that is the case you need to decide which entry in the datasource you want to keep, then get rid of the other(s) in the datasource. And as Webcon doesnt change the references in your workflows you need to replace the wrong ones in all workflows you are using them in in the field causing the problem with the correct one.

To find out which entries have which ID I'd do the following:

In the report

create a calculated field A that only shows the values:
dbo.clearwfelem(WFD_Attchoose1)

create a calculated field B that only shows the IDs:
dbo.clearwfelemID(WFD_Attchoose1)

WFD_AttChoose1 of course needs to be replaced with the name of the field that causes the issue.

Then group for calculated fields A / B, and by clicking on the Group B entry you will see which workflows have which ID in that field. After having cleaned your datasource open the other workflows with the wrong ID and choose the correct value and save.

Having clean datasources with no doublets is very important, dropdowns will not be working correctly if there are either multiple entries with the same ID or reoccuring values with different IDs.

Hope this helps :)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Will try it out if this turns out to be the issue :)

Best regards