Home > Forum > General > "The functionality is not available in Cloud type installation" only in SaaS PROD environment.

"The functionality is not available in Cloud type installation" only in SaaS PROD environment.

We are aware that some functionalities are not available in a SaaS environment, like some query actions.

But is there an official listing of what is not allowed in SaaS? Because Building and Testing a project on-premise, and having no way of knowing if something will break on PROD because of that is not acceptable.

Is there a way to test for it? Or at least have something to read through to workaround this from the start(dev), and not when it is deployed on live...

Best regards,

Fabian

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Fabian,

I'm not aware of an official statement, but I noticed some time ago this config entry:

SELECT [PRM_Name],[PRM_Value]
FROM [BPS_Config].[dbo].[GlobalParameters]
where PRM_Name = 'CloudComponents'

There disabled components are listed. I'm not copying the value since I can only guess what they are doing and some of they may change.

Best regards,
Daniel

The limitations list below is only applicable for Shared environment subscriptions (Trial, Foundation, Enterprise). For the Enterprise+ plan, we can enable some features. WEBCON APPS is constantly improving, and we are working to get rid of as many restrictions as possible.

WEBCON BPS in the Cloud installation does not offer:
* Actions
* Exchange
* Exchange events
* Exchange tasks
* Out of office autoreply
* Active Directory (no actions available)
* Integration:
* Run a SQL procedure
* Run a PowerShell script
* Database retention:
* Archive workflow instances
* Archived instances retention
* WebPart Import / Export
* HotFolders (can be replaced with HotMailboxex)
* Report for HotFolder and HotMailbox
* Reports related to licenses - a different way of licensing
* Archiving as a whole. No archive database, no archiving action, no archiving configuration
* It is not possible to enable ActiveDirectory action support in the system configuration
* SharePoint and ActiveDirectory user sources
* Service configuration (Schedules are the only available option)

WEBCON BPS Cloud also offers

* Actions
* BPS Users and groups
* Manage BPS user licenses
* Admin panel (BPS Portal)
* SMTP configuration
* Azure AD synchronization configuration along with the schedule
* Possibility to install WEBCON BPS Designer Studio from the BPS Portal. The link is under the User Avatar
* Possibility to install plugins for SharePoint Online (O365) from BPS Portal. The link is under the User Avatar
* Basic OCR. Uses a different OCR engine (OCR Space). The page limit is 1000/month, with no possibility to change it.