Home > Forum > Forms > "Error Handling" on Data Import

"Error Handling" on Data Import

Hi.

When I import data from an external data source and the content of a field doesn't match the data type of the target field (e.g. target field is "Date", but the source delivers a "text") I get an error and the import is aborted.

Is ther a chance to "catch" that and set the value e.g. "empty"?

Kind regards,
Klaus

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Klaus,

maybe I missed something but I didn't understand which action/method you are using for the data import.

Are you using some external tool which uses the REST API, a start workflow (sql) action, import using excel in a dictionary or item list? Or is it something else?

A screenshot could help too. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

sorry for the incomplete scenario description.
The actual case is a SQL Database connection where I have defined a data source as a SQL table with that connection.
So I'm talking about "pure SQL".

That Data source is used as data source for a choice field. Via the advanced configuration of the Autocomplete behaviour I set other fields with column values of that data source.

And here I have the issue that the "origin data" is not as properly defined as I wished. There are fields which are supposed to be a "date", but are unfortunately a "nvarchar" field. And sometimes the content does not meet the format of a date.

That is the situation where I wished I could check whether the data fits or in case not, set this value to "empty"

Kind regards
Klaus