Home > Forum > Actions > Changed value in a field triggering a notification

Changed value in a field triggering a notification

HI all!

Thank you for the time taking my question!

I need to set up an alert if a value in a field is changed during the flow. I have a subworkflow that starts with the first value on that field, if the parent gets changed, I either update the information through Update Related Workflow or show the information as a data row in the child.
But I need to alert the responsible on the child flow so they are aware that the field was changed. I'm not sure how to play with versions or IsChanged (using SQL command) to created an execution action for this and I don't want to add another field so they can enter the final date.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you!

In reply to: Martin Meze (Freelancer)

Hi Andreia,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly but will try to propose a solution nevertheless. It seems the easiest would be to trigger the email notification from the parent workflow. You could add a notification action to the automation that contains the "Update Related Workflow". Would that work for you?

Cheers,
Martin

HI,

Thank you for the answer!
In fact the issue is not how to update the related instance but how can I define an execution condition that understands that the previous value in a field was changed and alert a specific user.
In SQL you have the IsChanged function but I'm not sure that works inside Webcon.

For the update of the related instance, you have at least 2 options to always display the information on the parent (update action or choosing a Data table/row field).

MVP
In reply to: Andreia Correia

Hi Martin, it will be the user to change in the parent the value choose before.
I could have another field like the definitive value, but I don't want to have more stuff for them to write but I'm not sure how I can play with something like ischanged

Unfortunately I can't find any reference to the IsChanged that you are mentioning so I'm not sure how that works and therefore am unable to test.

You were mentioning the sub workflow. I don't see the connection or why is that important. Are you storing the email address of the people that have to be notified there?

I don't know if that helps, but what you could do is have a duplicate of the date field that is marked as a technical field and then do some kind of comparison between the two fields to trigger an action on step exit or on the path. The action would then send the email notification.

Hope that helps.