Home > Forum > Forms > One form field automaticaly filled in after appeard value in form field in another form.

One form field automaticaly filled in after appeard value in form field in another form.

Hello Community!
I need to find solution form the problem with some case in my organization – maybe you will help me to find the most effective way to do that?

Case:
Users: A, B, C, X
Forms type: type1, type2
Form fields: value1, value2

There are few forms (type1) which are filling by users (A, B, C) during the month (for example January).
One of the form field (value1) on each forms (type1) should be automatically filled by system after user (X) filled it in form field (value2) in his form (type2). The problem is that sometimes forms (type1) need to wait for value (value2) from form (type2).
Of course after the form field (value1) was filled forms (type1) should move to next step.
I was thinking about timeout but don’t have any idea how to set the insert condition.
Maybe you have another, different, propose for my problem?
Thank you for any advice that you give.
If anything is not clear I will try to explain it more.

MVP

Hi Stanisław,

are these separate workflow instances?
Do you start the "Form type 1" workflow, a "Form type 2" workflow instance is created at some point and both go in parallel for a while and at some point "Form type 1" workflow instance can not move forward because of the missing information from the other workflow instance? Is this the only value which needs to be filled out at this point in time?
In this case you could to the following:
On the path of "Form type 1" add a visibility restriction to check, whether the value already exists in "Form type 2" workflow instance. If it exists, everything is fine and the button can be displayed and you could maybe update the value of workflow instance 1 with a default action or a form rule which uses a business rule to retrieve the data.
If the value 2 does not exist and the "form type 1" workflow "waits", you could either use a "wait for sub workflow action" or you could add a "move workflow action" to the "form type 2" workflow instance, so this will update the value and move the "form type 1" workflow instance to the next step.

Alternatively you could look at the cyclical actions, which could be used to check "waiting" "form type 1" workflow instances and update them if the "form type 2" workflow instance has it's value.
https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/cyclical-actions/106

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Stanisław,

are these separate workflow instances?
Do you start the "Form type 1" workflow, a "Form type 2" workflow instance is created at some point and both go in parallel for a while and at some point "Form type 1" workflow instance can not move forward because of the missing information from the other workflow instance? Is this the only value which needs to be filled out at this point in time?
In this case you could to the following:
On the path of "Form type 1" add a visibility restriction to check, whether the value already exists in "Form type 2" workflow instance. If it exists, everything is fine and the button can be displayed and you could maybe update the value of workflow instance 1 with a default action or a form rule which uses a business rule to retrieve the data.
If the value 2 does not exist and the "form type 1" workflow "waits", you could either use a "wait for sub workflow action" or you could add a "move workflow action" to the "form type 2" workflow instance, so this will update the value and move the "form type 1" workflow instance to the next step.

Alternatively you could look at the cyclical actions, which could be used to check "waiting" "form type 1" workflow instances and update them if the "form type 2" workflow instance has it's value.
https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/cyclical-actions/106

Best regards,
Daniel

Thank you Daniel for your advices.

The problem is that these workflows are seperated instances.

I will try to do some simmiliar with cyclical actions.

Thank you once again!