Home > Forum > General > Printout a barcode label

Printout a barcode label

MVP

Hi,

I need to use the the Printout a barcode label. I found the article about ZebraDesigner to design the label and get the EPL format text to insert into the action. My problem is I don't have a Zebra printer. If I try to install the ZebraDesigner it won't allow me to design a label because the software is not connected to a Zebra printer. In my case the client has a SeagullScientific printer which provides some kind of designer (BarTender) but it is limited - the trial version doesn't allow the Print to file option. Are there any other softwares that can help design the label and get the EPL text?

Thank you in advance.

In reply to: Martin Meze (Freelancer)

Thank you again. I found that as well. It's quite basic but it helps. Unfortunately it's not easy to make some more advanced designs but it will do.

Best regards,
Martin

Dear Martin,
not sure if this may be useful for you, but maybe community will find it helpful:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zpl-printer/phoidlklenidapnijkabnfdgmadlcmjo

Haven't use it, because I have access to Zebra printer, but looks promising :)

In reply to: Martin Meze (Freelancer)

Hey Adam,

Thank you. I found that as well. :) Also the github version which I installed on the server. While it does help to visualize the label, it doesn't help design it. It looks like I need to find someone with a Zebra printer. :D

Cheers,
Martin

Martin,
from my perspective and experience, the fastest way to develop labels was to use clear ZPL / EPL language. That was the most compatible way to design label and place code it in BPS.
But I worked on that with my colleague, who also had similar experience in developing ZPL labels from ERP system.

We also use Zebra designer to export labels to ZPL language.

If you need any help / support don't hesitate to contact me.