Home > Forum > Actions > Data row field in control step

Data row field in control step

Hi all,

I have a process where the user fills in information in a datasource form field.
When a value is picked, one of the columns in that datasource is copied into another field (status). This field-status is used in a control step to move the process accordingly.
But I need to have that information refreshed, when the process is moved to a system step, it will be there for 15 days which means that it the status is changed, I need that to be reflected on my side.

I've tried two approaches:
- Copying the value into another field, timeout after 7 days, copying again the field to have the status refreshed
- Use of Datarow field with SQL command in the control field

I have some issues here:
- Timeout with the change value is giving me errors because there can be times where the field is only filled in on the system step
- Datarow, when I try to select the value in a SQL command, I only get number values (which is always the same regardless of the status)

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?
Thank you

MVP

Hi Andreia,

both your approaches should work but there's probably something off or I don't have enough information.

Timeout:
I don't see how your process gets to the system step in the first place, if thee control step uses the status value.
Just in case: The action "Change singe field value" has an option to "allow empty" value you would need to set this if the value could be null.

Data row:
This should really work. I'm guessing there's something wrong with the SQL command. Without knowing more I would check these where conditions
- Correct workflow instance
- Correct parent workflow instance
- Correct business entity, although the first two checks would make it redundant
- Correct form type
- Correct field, switch to advanced mode just to make sure the correct field id is used.
- In case of an item list correct field it (DET_CONID

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Andreia,

both your approaches should work but there's probably something off or I don't have enough information.

Timeout:
I don't see how your process gets to the system step in the first place, if thee control step uses the status value.
Just in case: The action "Change singe field value" has an option to "allow empty" value you would need to set this if the value could be null.

Data row:
This should really work. I'm guessing there's something wrong with the SQL command. Without knowing more I would check these where conditions
- Correct workflow instance
- Correct parent workflow instance
- Correct business entity, although the first two checks would make it redundant
- Correct form type
- Correct field, switch to advanced mode just to make sure the correct field id is used.
- In case of an item list correct field it (DET_CONID

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Coming back to this as I'm having issues with webcon.

So, the configuration for one of the cases that I can't solve is:

Case 1:
- Form Field single text where the user will add the name on the supplier (it can be the complete name or not)
- Timeout step where the process will remain that were the system will move to the control field after some time
- Control field where I want to check the following:
Supplier Name (form field) is in / like Supplier Name (from the DB (as SQL command or Datasource)

So, this actually works if the name is exactly the same as the one in DB but if the name it's just part of it, it doesn't work.

I've tried with Like, Contains, IS IN. Nothing works.

Do you have any idea?