Home > Forum > General > Starting workflow from API without token

Starting workflow from API without token

MVP

Hello everyone,

I was wondering... Is there a way to start workflows by an external API without the need to exchange the token first?

I'm asking the question because I'm exploring the possibilities offered by using a service as MailGun. They can parse the incoming email message and post the parsed information in form of JSON to a URL. The issue I'm having is I can only configure a URL to which the send a POST command with parsed JSON. There is no way to send the first authorization request to obtain the token and only after that send the POST.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin

You cannot use the Public REST API without authentication.
At the moment, we only support oauth2 authentication, so there is no way to authenticate without obtaining a token.

The only option I see is to implement a middleware application that will take care of the authentication.

MVP
In reply to: Maksymilian Stachowiak

How about changing direction of communication - it seems that Mailgun have endpoint to get stored email: https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-sending.html#retrieving-stored-messages

You could periodically check for email from webcon perspective, it's not as clean though.

Hi both and thank you for your feedback! Much appreciated.

I thought about the other route (checking for stored emails) and probably that will be the best in the current situation.