Home > Forum > General > Changes after moving to WEBCON BPS 2023

Changes after moving to WEBCON BPS 2023

MVP

Hi everyone,

maybe we can gather all the changes anyone encounters when testing the new version in a single thread. It won't take much of your time and will potentially save you more when others do the same.

I will start with this one:
SQL command: Varriable WFCONCOL_ID :
WFD_DTYPEID = {DT:12} and {WFCONCOL_ID:153} = {WFD_ID}
has been "translated" to
WFD_DTYPEID = 1 and dbo.ClearWFElemId(WFD_AttChoose1) = 2
and is now replaced by the Calculated field
WFD_DTYPEID = 1 and WFD_AttChoose1_ID = 2

This will fail now because I didn't put the WFD_ID into single quotes '' and the new field may contain text which can not be converted to integer. It seems that the dbo.ClearWFElemId(WFD_AttChoose1) = 2 was applied after getting all elements of the form type 1 while the condition with the calculated field is applied simultaneously.

Ok, wouldn't fail if I hadn't been so lazy, but I doubt that I'm the only one. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP

Some notes regarding the new field:

1. This is only used for single value fields. In case of multi value fields the old logic is used.
2. In case of multi value fields only the first id is stored.
3. If you have currently, version <=1..56 value which only contains the id, the value is empty. For example when creating a sub workflow I quite often only assigned the id to a field and let the system handle the rest. I had cases where the system did not store the display name so the value in the calculated column is empty. There where some changes in the system though. When I used the same action in the new version the display name was populated and the id was filled.

If you encounter such an error, you have such a case in your environment.
{WFCONCOL_ID:153} = {WFD_ID}

Off topic:
Unfortunately, I'm currently to busy applying changes / testing /documenting changes regarding to BPS 2023 to help currently.