Home > Forum > Installation > BPS on premise two domains ?

BPS on premise two domains ?

Hi, I have a BPS installation on Active Directory called ABC.local. The organization is sunsetting this domain and moving to another AD forest called XYZ.local. In both domains, John Kowalsky has a separate account: in the ABC.local domain, it's abc\jkowalsky and in XYZ.local, the login is via UPN john.kowalsky@org.pl. Fortunately, we can pair accounts in both domains by email address. How can I migrate BPS and users from the ABC.local domain to XYZ.local? Are there any best practices? What about licence

Hi Marcin,

I had a similar issue, we have to change UPN for ~400 users.

There is a stored procedure in the Content DB you can use, called ReplaceLogins.

You execute for each user with oldlogin, new upn, displayname. of course it makes sense to execute it from the entire list of users, which I did with an ETL tool :/

It doesn't alter businessrulesdefinitions (necessary if you have usernames in business rules), though, and also not BPSusergrouprelations table in BPS_Config which is very important if you use BPS groups. This is a flaw webcon should solve as far as I am concerned.

Afterwards you need to reindex the DB in SOLR. Users might loose favourites in their portal though.

If I was you I'd open a ticket at Webcon to make sure this is the right way to do it. :)

BR
Christian

In reply to: Christian Amler

Hi Marcin,

I had a similar issue, we have to change UPN for ~400 users.

There is a stored procedure in the Content DB you can use, called ReplaceLogins.

You execute for each user with oldlogin, new upn, displayname. of course it makes sense to execute it from the entire list of users, which I did with an ETL tool :/

It doesn't alter businessrulesdefinitions (necessary if you have usernames in business rules), though, and also not BPSusergrouprelations table in BPS_Config which is very important if you use BPS groups. This is a flaw webcon should solve as far as I am concerned.

Afterwards you need to reindex the DB in SOLR. Users might loose favourites in their portal though.

If I was you I'd open a ticket at Webcon to make sure this is the right way to do it. :)

BR
Christian

Hi

"ReplaceLogins" this function/proc is obsolete: https://community.webcon.com/download/changelog2/51?q=49e0807
My ver is 2022.1.4.288

Currently, my plan is to use administrative tools and transfer permissions from UserA to UserB,
but I must admit that for several hundred users, transferring them manually is unimaginable.

what's more, there remains the problem of belonging to groups that the administration tool does not affect,
and users' choices in fields on forms, i.e. person fields

To sum up,
what I lack here is an SQL tool that will trigger for each user, e.g. with a cursor,
the transfer of permissions and sweeping elements in the system