Home > Forum > Tips&Tricks > Parallel Appprovals

Parallel Appprovals

Hello,

I would like to build an app based on a parallel approval. (2 different tasks)
1. Approval for Manager
2. Approval for Economics
The process must wait for those 2 approvals responses and then decide on condition. (continue process or stop process)

Do you have any ideas / suggestions on achieving that?

Thank you.

MVP

Two ways to achieve it:
1. Create main workflow, which willl run 2 subworkflows and wait for them to finish. One for Manager, second for Economics. After that - decision step which will route main workflow based on result.
2. Main workflow with acceptance step, and assigned tasks to multiple people requiring each one to perform action. Might require some technical field to keep decision, and decision step.

From my perspective 1st option seems cleaner.

__Edit
Thanks to Daniel Below for links with examples i've tried to find those but i somehow lost them...

MVP
In reply to: Maksymilian Stachowiak

Two ways to achieve it:
1. Create main workflow, which willl run 2 subworkflows and wait for them to finish. One for Manager, second for Economics. After that - decision step which will route main workflow based on result.
2. Main workflow with acceptance step, and assigned tasks to multiple people requiring each one to perform action. Might require some technical field to keep decision, and decision step.

From my perspective 1st option seems cleaner.

__Edit
Thanks to Daniel Below for links with examples i've tried to find those but i somehow lost them...

Hi AndreeLi,

it really depends on your use case which of the suggested alternatives you are using.

A little more information:
Subworkflows
Here’s a more complex example which should point you in the right direction if the default options are not sufficient
https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/advanced-subworkflow-handling/397

Parallel tasks
https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/parallel-task-assignment/124

The most important thing to remember is, that you need to configure the parallelism, whether it’s a parallel task at all, on the path which creates the tasks. Afterwards you can define on the path how other actions will be treated. For example wait, to refute approval of all or cancel others if you one reject is enough to reject the request.

Best regards,
Daniel