Home > Forum > General > Search Panel in Reports - "Search in Attachments" option not working

Search Panel in Reports - "Search in Attachments" option not working

Hi,

a user just tried to search for a word through all documents in a report via the report's search panel, using the "Search in Attachments" option.

As the hitlist was way too small I got called. I found out that the result only includes instances that have the searched term somewhere in the metadata. If i do a global search I get hundreds of hits - so the documents are properly indexed, and can be found when searched.

The report is SQL based.

Portal Version is 2020.1.3.411, but I couldn't find anything in the bug fix lists about a behaviour like this. Although there were a few bug fixes prior to version 411.

I have the same behaviour in TEST and PROD.

Just reindexed the entire Test-DB .

--> Still no luck with the SQL-report.
--> A SOLR report gets filtered, but it's grouping ignores the filter, plus I can't use SQL-calculated fields in these?

Is this a bug or am I missing something? If someone can confirm this is working for them: please let me know ?

Thanks!

WEBCON

WEBCON BPS (from version 2019) uses two search engines:

1. Main for WEBCON BPS Portal built on SOLR engine (preferred).
2. SQL-Reports (SWE) bulit on MS full text search mechanism.

SQL-Reports search panel uses MS FullText Serach engine that needs ifilters for some type of attachments eg. PDF. So chcech if you have pdf ifilter installed and if FullText indexes contains attachments.