Home > Forum > General > Delete attachments action bug

Delete attachments action bug

Delete attachements action seems to be buggy after upgrading from version 2022 to 2023. In my workflow I'm creating an attachement based on word template and assign it category "plik_word". After that I'm converting it to PDF, assingning the PDF a new category "plik_pdf". In the third step I dalete the attachements from the "plik_word" category. And it work perfectly in the 2022 versions, and now, in 2023.1.1.89 it does not matter what I put in the category field, the action seems to ignore it and deletes all the attachements according to the next field (only the newest, only the oldest, all). Is this how it is supposed to work now? Am I missing something?

MVP

Hi,
I observed a similar case, earlier you could set a temporary category that did not have to be available in the category source,
currently this method does not work, so you should create and refer to the category that the data source for the category will return.

You can, of course, in the source for the category add a filter so that this category is available only on certain steps
You can check if it works by specifying the categories as ID#Name

In reply to: Karol Częczek

Hi,
I observed a similar case, earlier you could set a temporary category that did not have to be available in the category source,
currently this method does not work, so you should create and refer to the category that the data source for the category will return.

You can, of course, in the source for the category add a filter so that this category is available only on certain steps
You can check if it works by specifying the categories as ID#Name

Thanks Karol for your answer. Anyway the change in actions concerning attachments was either not mentioned in the change log or I missed it while reading. Anyway, if such a change was made and the action does not accept temporary category names, the action should scream an error while executing instead of quetly deleteing attachements. Lucky in my case the mechanism was spotted just a few days after the upgrade and now I have to reattach about 70 pdfs. What if the action was run just before putting a document into archive when noone is assigned to the process? Someone could find themselves in deep s..t after a year or so. Not nice, definetly.