Home > Forum > General > Using Tags in thread names

Using Tags in thread names

MVP

Hi everyone,

I learned today that you can close threads, which prevents adding additional answers. This is fine but I believe that we that an additional hint in the thread title would help, too. There are two reasons:
1) it's easier to notice
2) It's a better user experience. If you hide an option the user will wonder why something isn't available also it should be. If you "disable" it instead and provide an explanation everything is clear.

Therefore I would suggest to add [Closed] as a prefix to the thread name once the author deems the thread as closed. Of course tags like in the user voice would be nice changing the thread name would serve the same purpose.
This would also help if someone browses the forums on a non regular basis to check whether there is an unanswered question.

The 'solution' /'helpful' option itself isn't good enough for this in my opinion. We don't see who clicked it. While others my tag an answer as a solution/helpful the author may still be looking for a better option.

While I'm add it:
I'm not sure since when it's possible and what the default value is, but you can opt in to receive mails on answers to your thread:
https://community.webcon.com/account/data

Best regards

Daniel

Nobody has replied in this thread yet.