Home > Forum > Known bugs > 2023.1.2.44 : Attachment categories are not saved

2023.1.2.44 : Attachment categories are not saved

Hello,

we use the actions "Convert word to PDF" and "Generate/Update a word file" and we assign the documents to a dynamic category.
The category is not saved to the table WFDataAttachmets, the field (ATT_Attribute1) stays empty.

in version 2021.1.4.55 it did work fine.

Thank you!

Balint

Hi,

I've just figured out, how attachment categories can be used in 2023.1.2.44.

There are generally two fields in attachment details: name and description.

I had to add an additional field with an arbitrary name to attachment details, e.g. named category. Then you need to assign a data source for this new field, you could take a fixed value list. The new field will be assigned to SQL columns “ATT_Attribute1” in the table WFDataAttachmets, the field categories were saved to in previous versions.
After that you can select the category out of the list in actions like actions "Convert word to PDF" / "Generate/Update a word file" /etc. On the other hand, you can also pick the category “dynamic” and assign a dynamic value that is not in your fixed list.

I’ve added two values in my fixed list data source:
- ID:1/Name:Cat1
- ID:2/Name:Cat2

If I select the values from the data source, for example Cat1 the value “1#Cat1” will be save to ATT_Attribute1. In case when I select dynamic category and type “Cat1” into the textbox, the value “<CustomCategoryKey>#Cat1” will be saved to ATT_Attribute1. You need to take this into account if you plan switch from “dynamic categories” to categories coming from a data source.

During the upgrade process from version 2021.1.4.55 to 2023.1.2.44 the values in ATT_Attribute1 will be converted. – e.g. “Cat1” -> “<CustomCategoryKey>#Cat1”

In my view there are the following bugs:
- After migration to the new WenCon version, the process is broken, when you rely on attachment categories.
- The predefined category “empty” is missing.
- Actions like “remove attachment” should be more flexible. If I set category to dynamic / “Cat1” in the action “remove attachment”, all attachments with the category value “Cat1” should be removed regardless where the values are coming from, a data source or a dynamic category - “1#Cat1”, “<CustomCategoryKey>#Cat1”
- The action “Download an attachment from List” doesn’t update the category if an attachment with the same name already exists.

Regards,
Balint