Home > Forum > Actions > URL fields, changing address and name

URL fields, changing address and name

Hi all,

Is there any possibility to change an URL field adding the link in the address and the text we want in the name?
I want to create an URL link using a field from (through Change field action) the form but I don´t to display a more friendly name than the address.

Thank you!

MVP

Hi,
You can change the value of the link field to display a friendly name or to display a url address.
You need to pass the value according to how it is saved in the database. e.g. this format: "link:www.webcon.pl;displayname:: will display only the URL,
and this format: "link:www.webcon.pl;displayname:webcon Test" will display the friendly name.

Regards.

MVP
In reply to: Andreia Correia

Hi Karol,

Thank you for your answer! Do you now how to accomplish that using a form field?
Because I'm using the info on a form field to construct the url.
Something like:

Concat [(URL)(Form field)]

And I want to have the result of that concat on the link and a more friendly display name!

Hi,
If you use a link text field and you have entered a url address there without a friendly name, it should be saved in the database as, for example: "link:www.webcon.pl:displayname:" then, using concat, you only add the friendly name you want. scr1
If the field was not of the link type but text and you now want to change it to a link and add a friendly name, you must construct concat as in scr2.
But I don't know if I understood your needs correctly. If not, provide an example with a screenshot of what exactly you want to achieve and what data you have in the field now.