Home > Forum > Rules, JS, SQL > Custom dashboard, show view of element

Custom dashboard, show view of element

Hi everyone,

I have a questiion about dashboards:
1. I have a custom dashboard, where I have only HTML element. In this element I'm using REST API to get report (made earlier) and thanks to that I can customize it with js, css. The question is, is it possible to have functionality of view the element like in report? Explaining, when I have a report and I click element I have a compact view or something of element from right side of the page. More details about element.

2. When I have report got in html element in dashboard with rest api, I can change sorting or filtering in report (Reports section in Webcon) and when I go to the dasboard i can see changes that were made in Webcon Report. Is is possible that I will make changes in report with Rest API or in another way, but directyl in dashboard not by enetering report?

Thanks a lot :)

Regards
Adam

MVP

Hi Adam,

Ad 1.
You shold be able to mimic that behavior, but i don't know any way how to hook up to react running in background.
I've created some PoC (for user voice here: https://community.webcon.com/forum/thread/3772/15), which might point you in some direction.
It's displaying content of the form using iframe - you will need to add the slide in/out element yourself though.
Changing the resolution should switch it automatically to mobile view.

Also - that's really nice idea to use rest to query and create custom report, never thought about it ;)

Ad 2.
Unfortunatelly I don't think there is any other way, creating custom way to sort/filter will require fetching whole report, so it doesn't seem like a proper solution.