Home > Forum > Actions > Waiting steps , automatically move workflows (or do any other kind of action)

Waiting steps , automatically move workflows (or do any other kind of action)

Hi there
I am working with webcon for several years now , yet I still have some basic problems I cannot seem to wrap my head around:

scenario:
I added the docusign sdk and have docs sent for signature. works perfectly.
now during this waiting period, I want to "park" the workflows (in a system step) and have them automatically check if the corresponding docs are signed.
the status check works. what I am having problems with is cycling the check action and - if docusign docs status = completed - move the corresponsing workflow to the next step.

the "wating, then do something if status is xyz" really frustrates me as the logic is super simple, yet I cannot seem to accomplish this.
could someone help me out and explain it to me ?

You have 2 options:
1. as You do now - checking for answer. (if answer came in finite time, and you don't have many elements checking) it's good idea. (for exaple we can use it, because it cause some elements to have 80 000 versions in history, because every check is new version.)

2. Outer source can triger an action. So no Webcon, but other softwer decides when step is changed. You propably need some API for it but it's posible