Home > Forum > General > how to keep the description in the changes

how to keep the description in the changes

hi
in my firm, i came across an issue with communicating with the analyst/business. We are taking instructions from them we develop them on dev enviroment and then we push the changes to production. The issue is that business is making several requests and we would love to let them know how is the best way to keep the track of all of the changes? What are your best practices. We can describe each package, but sometimes it is impossible to recall of the changes, as there are so many

MVP

HI,
There is probably no great solution to this.
For example, I try to add all reports in the documentation section, whether on attributes, shares, etc.
Of course, not all, only those that are important in the context of changes.
This is very helpful when searching.
But you also need to remember about it and add it, and use a reporting system that will generate numbers for us under which we can then search.

Regards.

MVP

Hi,

Tracking changes is a challenge in all software development related projects.
In the latest versions of Webcon you could use the user voice feature, but it won't solve everything.

I'm currently using GitLab for that task.
Each introduced change -> New issue
Each package -> Milestone

Issues are changes, milestones group them in packages which are released.
Basically there is no new package created without a milestone.
After each release I'm creating markdown write up about functional changes, bug fixes etc. based on the closed milestone.
That write up is inserted inside description of the package.

I'm also using git for storing all the packages in one place, but if you don't need that part, then any project management might be a good choice.
Jira, Asana, Trello, Planner in teams - depends on your needs.

It requires scrupulousness to create issues for each change, even those quick fixes on prod, and applying them to all environments but in the end I'm feeling safe when deploying.