Home > Forum > General > BPS activities - The given key 'SolrNet.ISolrOperations' was not present in the dictionary.

BPS activities - The given key 'SolrNet.ISolrOperations' was not present in the dictionary.

I have an error that prevents BPS activities from being loaded.
The most used applications list is not displayed and recent actions also does not refresh
Version: 2023.1.2.68

Solr Index Queue has all processing pending on the error: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type ISolrOperations`1, key ""

Admin Event Logs:
url: https://***.com/api/nav/db/1/app/12/activities/filter/0 | action: GetWithFilter
ip: 1.1.1.* | msg: An unhandled exception has occurred while executing the request. | agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/120.0.0.0 | href: | ex: CommonServiceLocator.ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type ISolrOperations`1, key ""
---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key 'SolrNet.ISolrOperations`1[WebCon.WorkFlow.Data.Solr.Collections.BPSActivity]' was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at SolrNet.Utils.Container.DoGetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
at CommonServiceLocator.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Solr Admin Logging:
SolrCore Initialization Failures
BPS_Activities_shard1_replica_n1: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error opening new searcher
Please check your logs for more information

In reply to: Krystian Golik

Hi Ajnar
Try to generate new index for all process Reports -> Solr indexer queue -> Add -> Clear and reindex process or entire database - All process
This takes time depending on the amount of data

After this show you queue index

Hello,
I tried that severally but the queue never moved. Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type ISolrOperations`1, key "" was still holding it up

I reached out to support and it seems I was missing a collection on solr: BPS_ChangeRequests
Once this was scripted in the queue opened up and processed. My search is back to working state

To note, I did try reinstalling the search service but it did not add the missing collection (Thanks @Konrad for the assist)

I still have an error on my Collection: BPS_Activities for recent activities but half the battle is won.

"ex: System.ArgumentException: Could not convert value 'System.Collections.ArrayList' to property 'COM_ID' of document type WebCon.WorkFlow.Data.Solr.Collections.BPSActivity"

In reply to: Wojciech Mleczko

As far I know, "COM_ID" field was added to BPS_Activites far ago. Missing BPS_ChangeRequests collection after reinstall sounds strange.
Did you use BPS installer in correct version? What version of Solr you got currently installed?

A full manual installation of the collections using curl seems to have resolved my challenges.
I also found it strange that a full reinstall of the search service (Version: 2023.1.2.68) didn't address any missing configurations