Home > Forum > General > Search for ID of Elements/Objekts in Designer Studio

Search for ID of Elements/Objekts in Designer Studio

Hello everyone,
I have an email workflow that is triggered every day at a fixed time and sends an information email to a fixed group of recipients. Unfortunately, this no longer works after the update to Designer Studio version 2023.1.3.29. But I didn't knowingly change anything about it.
To find the error I am now searching the changelog. Unfortunately I can't find all objects by name.
Can I somehow search for the ID to get to the relevant location?

Example ID 25

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Matthias

MVP

Hi Matthias,
We can go to step/process configuration by link of specific instance -> https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/checking-workflow-instance-configuration-using-ctrlg/357/3

This is the only "go to" in Designer Studio i remember.

You could to look for it in database I'd start with WFConfigurations (WFCON_ID).
Could you share some screenshot of the error? I usually was able to locate specific objects without such lookup.

In reply to: Maksymilian Stachowiak

Hi Matthias,
We can go to step/process configuration by link of specific instance -> https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/checking-workflow-instance-configuration-using-ctrlg/357/3

This is the only "go to" in Designer Studio i remember.

You could to look for it in database I'd start with WFConfigurations (WFCON_ID).
Could you share some screenshot of the error? I usually was able to locate specific objects without such lookup.

Hi Maksymilian,

I actually get NO error message. So basically the workflow seems to be going through. The only thing is that I don't receive any information emails. In the global actions, the value in the “number of correct executions” field is also incremented.

The workflow was last executed correctly yesterday at 3:45 p.m. CET.
Therefore, I want to try to find the specific adjustments that I made afterwards that might now mean that it no longer works. Originally I tried to find out why the content of the infomail was no longer correct. There were more complaints listed here than there should have been.
I therefore compared across two screens where the difference in the workflow version is between Test and Dev. So I didn't actually consciously change anything, but went through all the steps. The info email from 3:45 p.m. was still functional, with incorrect content.
Since I couldn't find any errors, I finished the work at some point and wanted to start looking again the next day with a fresh head. Now, as I said, it no longer triggers any emails.

Attached are the screenshots of the history and the ID number, which I would like to find exactly in order to be able to understand the history.
where I missed something.

In reply to: Matthias

Hi Maksymilian,

I actually get NO error message. So basically the workflow seems to be going through. The only thing is that I don't receive any information emails. In the global actions, the value in the “number of correct executions” field is also incremented.

The workflow was last executed correctly yesterday at 3:45 p.m. CET.
Therefore, I want to try to find the specific adjustments that I made afterwards that might now mean that it no longer works. Originally I tried to find out why the content of the infomail was no longer correct. There were more complaints listed here than there should have been.
I therefore compared across two screens where the difference in the workflow version is between Test and Dev. So I didn't actually consciously change anything, but went through all the steps. The info email from 3:45 p.m. was still functional, with incorrect content.
Since I couldn't find any errors, I finished the work at some point and wanted to start looking again the next day with a fresh head. Now, as I said, it no longer triggers any emails.

Attached are the screenshots of the history and the ID number, which I would like to find exactly in order to be able to understand the history.
where I missed something.

Update on the current case:

I can now trigger the info mail again, unfortunately it still has the wrong content. But that is currently secondary. Strangely enough, the infomail is only triggered if the execution condition is deleted. These were originally specified that the infomail should only be created on working days.
I definitely didn't change anything about these conditions because they were created by a predecessor and worked great! Never touch a running system.
If I delete the condition, the info email will be sent. If I add these again, then no more. The conditions are defined as a business rule, therefore I can easily install and remove them as they were.
So the cause is somewhere there, even if, as I said, I haven't changed anything there...