Home > Forum > General > Webcon BPS & Timezone settings

Webcon BPS & Timezone settings

Hello Webcon community!

I'm not sure about Webcon BPS and setting the right timezone, I hope you can shed a light on this topic for me.

We have a server with Webcon BPS installed in an Azure VM (Region North Europe), which has (according to Powershell) the right timezone for us (see attached picture).

We didn't find any timezone settings in Azure Portal for the VM, so we think this should be correct.

In Webcon Portal every time shown is 2 hours ahead (including DST), so something is obviously wrong here.

Can anyone please lead me to the right path on how to set correct timezone for our Webcon BPS?

Thanks in advance & best regards, Nik

MVP

Hi Nik,

the displayed time's in BPS Portal are based on the client time zone. The attached screenshot shows the changes to the displayed time depending on the set time zone.

The time is (should be) stored in UTC in the database. You could verify this.

There's also a global parameter 'DatabaseTimeZone' in the config database.
SELECT *
FROM [BPS_Config].[dbo].[GlobalParameters]
where PRM_Name = 'DatabaseTimeZone'

I had to change this once after a we moved the database from one SQL server to another which had a different time zone setting. But I have no idea what this actually does but it had to match the time zone of the server. One effect maybe is that I receive mails send via an global action at a different time now. The difference between the original time zone and the new one is added to the original time. I need to verify this later.

Maybe there some useful information here.

Best regards,
Daniel