Home > Forum > Actions > resubmit archived instance on monthly basis

resubmit archived instance on monthly basis

hi there, kindly i need help how to resubmit already archived instance again to start (with same inputs and attachments) on monthly basis? i 'm thinking of cyclical action but struggled to configure the action

please advice

MVP

Hi,

if you have already tried something, it would be good if you shared some more details. Otherwise you will receive just some general information.
The big question for me is, whether the "archived instance" was really archived in terms of moved to an archive database or whether this is just a step in the "active" content database.

Regardless of this I would do the following:
- Add a path to the workflow which will
-- Copy the fields from the archived instance
-- Copy the item lists from the archived instance
-- Copy the attachments from the archived instance
- The workflow instance would be started using a "Start subworkflow (sql)" action which would pass the instance id of the archived workflow.
- The workflow start mode would be unrelated to current instance, which is at the bottom of the first tab.

While you could also copy some field information with the action, you won't be able to copy item lists and attachments. It will be better to have everything you need to copy in one place.

Here you can find information about:
- Cyclical actions:
https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2023R3/Studio/Workflow/Workflow_GlobalAction3/module_2_4_7_4_2
- Start subworkflow (sql)
https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2023R3/Studio/Action/Workflow/StartManyWorkFlows/

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi,

if you have already tried something, it would be good if you shared some more details. Otherwise you will receive just some general information.
The big question for me is, whether the "archived instance" was really archived in terms of moved to an archive database or whether this is just a step in the "active" content database.

Regardless of this I would do the following:
- Add a path to the workflow which will
-- Copy the fields from the archived instance
-- Copy the item lists from the archived instance
-- Copy the attachments from the archived instance
- The workflow instance would be started using a "Start subworkflow (sql)" action which would pass the instance id of the archived workflow.
- The workflow start mode would be unrelated to current instance, which is at the bottom of the first tab.

While you could also copy some field information with the action, you won't be able to copy item lists and attachments. It will be better to have everything you need to copy in one place.

Here you can find information about:
- Cyclical actions:
https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2023R3/Studio/Workflow/Workflow_GlobalAction3/module_2_4_7_4_2
- Start subworkflow (sql)
https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2023R3/Studio/Action/Workflow/StartManyWorkFlows/

Best regards,
Daniel

hi, actually it is a kind of a standing order that i want to execute at a specific date of every month ( for 1 year interval) , so all input fields need to be the same along with the attachments.., for me when i say archived means the it reached the final step and finished.., so just wanted to repeat it in an easiest way

thanks

MVP
In reply to: shussein

hi, actually it is a kind of a standing order that i want to execute at a specific date of every month ( for 1 year interval) , so all input fields need to be the same along with the attachments.., for me when i say archived means the it reached the final step and finished.., so just wanted to repeat it in an easiest way

thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are missing or what is not working.

As mentioned, I would use a "Start SQL (workflow)" action. The action would set a technical field in the new workflow instance. The value would be the workflow instance id from which the information would be copied.

I'm not sure whether this helps you at all. My problem is that I don't know:
- Where the actual problem is.
- What you have currently done / tested.
- What your experience is.

Everyone here has a different level of experience and to provide helpful information we need the use case and what the actual problem is. For some a single word would be enough to guide them in the correct direction while others need some more details.

Best regards,
Daniel