Home > Forum > Actions > Start/Finish OneDrive

Start/Finish OneDrive

Hello!

I'm currently implementing a workflow where I first create a Word document with form fields, initiating with the 'Start editing a file using OneDrive' action. This allows me to access and edit the Word file directly from my OneDrive folder, and everything works perfectly at this stage.

However, I encounter a problem in the subsequent step of my workflow. After making modifications to the Word document, I aim to generate a PDF from the updated file. I am using the 'Finish editing a file using OneDrive' action that i can create my pdf. If I do not make any changes to the Word file in OneDrive, the generation works flawlessly. But if I modify the document and immediately proceed to the next step, I run into an error (picture).

I've noticed that if I allow some time after making changes before moving to the PDF generation step, the process completes successfully. This suggests a synchronization delay with OneDrive.

Questions:
Does anyone have a solution or recommendation on how to avoid this synchronization issue?
Is there a way to ensure that after converting to PDF, the original Word files remain in my OneDrive folder instead of being moved or deleted?

MVP

Hi Mario,
I haven't used those actions yest, but i'd try handling that error (automations error handling) with a technical step.

1. Try to generate PDF
2a. If success -> go further.
2b. If error -> move workflow to technical step, with cyclic action, which will retry request after few minutes, and on success -> go back to regular processing.

Maybe there will be some other ideas though, from someone who used it ;)