Home > Forum > Forms > Webcon 2023.1.3. Validation of off-source data in Choice field

Webcon 2023.1.3. Validation of off-source data in Choice field

Hi, in this version, data verification takes place for each field of the type: Choice field, regardless of whether 'Attribute validation' is selected on the path or not.
I need advice on how to get around this problem in the case of paths such as: Reject, Reverse, where these fields contain random data, e.g. set via OCR - without any intervention in the fields by the user.

Regards

Dear Agnieszka,
just checked this setting on dev environment (Standalone / portal version 2023.1.3.169) and it worked as expected.
Didn't set the value on Choice field (field set as visible and required) and proceeded with path "Save draft", where attribute validation is not set. Element was proceeded without any error.
Attaching screenshot (in PL) with settings.

Best.

In reply to: Agnieszka Zagała

Yes, I tried, it work only if user click 'pencil' next to the attribute, without any intervention by the user it not work,
form validation on path is not set on.

Dear Agnieszka,
now I get your point. :)
Can't tell you about JavaScripts here. Also not sure if this is a good option in your process but maybe setting a default value or setting a value like 'Other' (included in source for this choice field) in this case could be useful somehow. Until user will have to select a valid value for this field (on next steps?). That way you can validate this field at later steps.