Home > Forum > User Voice > Migration of User Synchronization to the Config Database

Migration of User Synchronization to the Config Database NOT NOW

Currently, if a company has several content databases, for example 5, and users need to be synchronized across each database, the data is stored in 5 tables * 5 databases, resulting in the same data being present in 25 tables.

CacheOrganizationStructure
CacheOrganizationStructureExtendedTokens
CacheOrganizationStructureGroupRelations
CacheOrganizationStructurePictures
CacheOrganizationStructureSubordinates

Wouldn't migrating to a single table from which data could be drawn be more convenient?

MVP

Hi Krystian,

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean with "single table".

1. Should the data of the existing tables be merged into a single table but there should be one table in each database.?
2. Should the five tables be left as they are but there shouldn't be duplicates in the other databases?
3. Something else?

Merging all tables won't be possible, as they serve different purposes. For example the GroupRelations contains the id's contains the ids of the groups and their users. This can not be merged to a single row.

I'm quite sure that WEBCON has thought about of any option whether the duplicate tables could be removed, synchronizing is always a pain and you won't do it, if there's a way around it.
One problem for example is, that limited bps_user account can not access data outside the current database. Even if there would be a view mapped to the config database in the content database, this won't work.

Best regards,
Daniel