Home > Forum > Forms > Initializing item lists in preview mode

Initializing item lists in preview mode

Hello,

We moved from 2021 to 2023 version of webcon and now we have a problem with initializing item lists in preview mode.
When in edit mode everything works fine, but in preview mode item lists do not initilize.

Is there a way to achive such a functionality. What was the reason to change it ?

In reply to: Raluca-Mirabela Lupu

Hi,
Do you have any error in browser console?

Thanks,
Raluca

Hi,
I don't think this is due to an error
As I guess from the description, the list is initialized in edit mode and in preview mode, no list items are displayed (and this is correct because this list does not have any rows yet).

The solution may be to initialize this list using the "Change items list values" action when you save a form.

In reply to: Jack

Hi,
yes, using Data Table (SQLGrid) can be a workaround
but in my opinion this behavior is correct - because the user (especially if he doesn't have edit rights) shouldn't see data that isn't actually saved on the form (those rows aren't in the database)

But the data we were showing on the Item list were representing child flows so there were statuses changing etc. When you are in preview mode you don't see those changes although they are already in the database.
Another udercut is that you cannot dynamicaly hide a column based on the atribute field value.
In Data tables you must show all columns wherase in item lists you could hide some columns.
Is there any other solution to this ?
Problem is that when you look on that item list which should be always "up to date" it is not when only in preview mode. So you must always get into edit mode to see the real (initialized) data.