Home > Forum > General > Cannot search using global search

Cannot search using global search

Hello,

I have a weird situation, I gave the user access to application and then to the process for access all instances and attachments.
If I use the impersonation option, I can see the application, I can access it as well as reports.
When I open any instance I can only see all info but no edit option.
The purpose is not to manually access instances from this process, but to search for them using the global search.
Sadly it does not work.
It should be able to search using info from pdf that is attached to one instance, but obvious it does not work.

I tried to give this user admin privileges and still nothing has changed regarding global search.
I also did a restart for the webcon search service and IIS.
I also want to mention something important, the user has already privileges on other applications and the search for the is working, but not for this new app.
This "new app" has other users with privileges and they work fine.
V 2023.1.3.202
If anyone have any other idea or solution, please leave a comment.

Regards

WEBCON

Hi Mihai,

Adding permissions on a wider scope (global/process/form type level) does not automatically enforce Solr indexation of elements belonging to that scope. So Solr index does not have information that you granted access permissions to a range of elements for new users.
Global search is based on Solr search engine, so without manually reindexing those elements, users won't be able to search these documents.
Try adding "Index process or entire database" task in SOLR indexer queue (https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2024R1/Studio/Reports/Reports_Basics/Reports_SOLRIndexerQueue#6-add). You can select a particular process that you want to reindex.

Kind regards