Home > Forum > Rules, JS, SQL > Q: How Can I Dynamically Retrieve Column Names from Value Form Fields as Parameter for a Universal Business Rule?

Q: How Can I Dynamically Retrieve Column Names from Value Form Fields as Parameter for a Universal Business Rule?

MVP

Hello everyone,

I need your assistance with something. I am currently working on a Business Rule that should return a value using SQL. The Business Rule needs to be as universal as possible, and I want to pass two parameters to the SQL query.

So far, so good. The issue is that I want to pass the same form field as a parameter twice: once as a value and once as a "column name" (essentially as an object value that I can transform in SQL with single quotes to something like WFD_AttText4). This way, in the SQL WHERE condition, it would say something like "and WFD_AttText4 = '7512373' ".

The problem is that you can only pass values as parameters, not objects. Does anyone know how I can get the column name from my value field? Otherwise, I would have to manually enter the column name, just like in reports.

Thank you in advance,
Bjoern

MVP
In reply to: Karol Częczek

Hi,
it seems to me that it is enough if you map the field from the objects tab.

Regards.

Hi Karol,

thanks for your reply. Within a Business Rule, you could select an OBJECT FIELD. My Problem is, that I need that as a BR PARAMETER.
The usage ist within "Style and Behavior": SET [Targetfield] = BUSINESS RULE[ Parameter 1, Parameter 2, Parameter 3, Parameter4].

And in that usage, no OBJECT Form fields are selectable (see image).

Thank you nonetheless,
Bjoern