Home > Forum > Actions > Global action instance is not saved

Global action instance is not saved

Hi,

I have configured an On start (cyclical) action that is basically starting at 12:00AM and stops at 6:00AM, and is doing so every 2 minutes. What it does is to create an instance for the same process (parent process - where is also the global action configured). Parent process is running a loop on a data source that contains 10 entries and starts 10 other instances on a second process (child process).

To put it more simple, every 2 minutes a parent instance is created that will create 10 other child instances.

Between 12:00 and 3:00 usually there is no entries in data source, so no children are created. But around 3:00AM the database starts to be populated, so there is the moment where children starts to be created.

What is weird.. is that the very first parent instance is usually not saved in Webcon (something is happening and I don't know what), but its children are there.. created... and this problem creates for me duplicate children. And for that parent instance, because basically doesn't exist, there is no entry in WF tables so I can search for some bugs, errors, info.. anything that happened.

Anyone have any idea why this happens? Thank you!

MVP

Hi Joanna,

I do have a slight idea what may happen, but it’s not worth writing about it.

What I would do is to start the instance with a path that does nothing at all. The start step has a timeout which would then trigger the actual path. This way the workflow is saved and you will have all the details.

This is the basic approach I use for all my “technical” workflows.

Best regards,
Daniel