Home > Forum > General > Possible E-Mail Bug

Possible E-Mail Bug

Hello,

I am trying to send a custom mail via the action. In the direct recipients I need to have a hardcoded e-mail address and in the CC I have to have another hardcoded e-mail address. This is not a restriction, but it's the way I firstly tried.

It came as a surprise when for each e-mail address a separate mail was sent. For the example above, a mail is sent for the direct recipient and another mail is sent to the e-mail address in CC. The first mail has no person in CC and is sent only to the first person and the second mail has as direct recipient the e-mail address from my CC configuration and no other person in direct/CC.

I am using Webcon 2020.1.3.434 and for the moment, I cannot upgrade it. I have to stick with this.

I have two questions:
1. Is this a known bug or am I missing something?
2. Is there anyway I can send the mail in the desired format?(1 person direct, 1 person in CC)

Thank you,
George

MVP

Hi George,

Are the recipients real persons which exist in the system? In this case it could be that they have chosen a different language in the UI and therefore receive 'different' mails. If you only have one language for your users you could set the language on application level.

This is just a guess though and I don't have access to a system right now.

Here's a knowledge base post but I'm not aware what changed in the later versions.
https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/language-of-e-mails-in-multilingual-environments/52

Best regards,
Daniel