Home > Forum > Actions > [Closed] Multilingual custom mails

[Closed] Multilingual custom mails

MVP

Hi everyone,

maybe I'm missing something, but is there an option to create multilingual custom emails?
Example:
A task is assigned to three users, one of them has set the portal language to English the other ones are using German.
If we are using the "standard mail action" or activate the corresponding checkbox two mails will be send. One in English for the first one and another one in German for the remaining two.
If we want to send a custom mail though, I don't have an option for defining multilingual subjects/titles/contents etc. I've also checked 'Context variables\Current user\Language' it contains the language of the user who clicked on the path.

While writing this I've just come up with following idea:
Create multiple "custom email" actions.
The recipients are returned from a business rule. The business rule has three parameters. Intended recipients, language, is fallback. The business rule than returns only these recipients who are using the language. If fallback is set to true, than the recipients are returned who haven't configured a language yet.
This rule is also used as an execution condition.

This could work, but this is kind a ugly. I would hate it to have multiple actions for the same thing. It's only a matter of time until the other's aren't updated/errors are fixed in the one but not in the other.

Is there any other optoin/idea?

Best regards,
Daniel