Home > Forum > General > Dictionaries - removing elements

Dictionaries - removing elements

MVP

Hi Jerzy,

I'm not aware of such a feature. You could set the "Active" flag to false (0) during import than you could a cyclical action to remove all dictionary entries which are deactivated using the "Archive workflow instances" with Retention mode "Remove form content database".

I would add an additional check, whether the dictionary entry is used in any (active) workflow though.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Jerzy Zieliński

Hello Daniel

Yes, it is soultion when Dictionary list has several dozen lines.
But when has few thousant lines - it is problem - it is my case :)

Best regards
Jerzy

Hi Jerzy,

I don't see much of a difference whether you could delete those entries during an import or you set the active flag to false. :)

Regardless whether you could delete the record directly or using an other approach, I hope you can create a formula or similar in excel to decide which ones of the Export can be deleted. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Jerzy,

I don't see much of a difference whether you could delete those entries during an import or you set the active flag to false. :)

Regardless whether you could delete the record directly or using an other approach, I hope you can create a formula or similar in excel to decide which ones of the Export can be deleted. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

I want to delete all recors inside Dictionary.
I dont know, how to create formula in Webcon to remove all entries inside Dictionary.
I dont konow, how to remove all records during import.
ps. using active/inactive marker, during import , Dictionary will be grow to infinity :) /I have few thousant entries/. Each Import added new records, so I have plenty duplicated records inside Dictionary

Best regards
Jerzy

MVP
In reply to: Jerzy Zieliński

Hi Daniel

I want to delete all recors inside Dictionary.
I dont know, how to create formula in Webcon to remove all entries inside Dictionary.
I dont konow, how to remove all records during import.
ps. using active/inactive marker, during import , Dictionary will be grow to infinity :) /I have few thousant entries/. Each Import added new records, so I have plenty duplicated records inside Dictionary

Best regards
Jerzy

Hi Jerzy,

this is not a one time process but more of a schedules synchronisation?

If it's a one time approach you could use the delete option from the administration tools, see this for the location in the ribbon:
https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/migration-of-privileges/190

If it's a synchronisation you should probably take a different approach.
First of all you really need this dictionary because you don't have direct access, via SQL/Oracle/SOAP/REST to the source data?
If this is not the case, you could create a "sync" workflow which reads an excel file to a item list:
https://community.webcon.com/forum/thread/539?messageid=539

Than you could use the item list as a source to create new dictionary entries, update existing ones and mark all other as inactive or delete them. You just need to have the primary key from the source as a field in the dictionary.

Best regards,
Daniel