Home > Forum > Data sources > Integration with Sales Force

Integration with Sales Force

Hello Community,

Does anyone established the connection between Sales Force and Webcon?

I have all the documentation on the Webcon side for the REST API but I'm finding some difficulties on the Sales Force side as I'm not sure on where and how to configure the necessary steps to get the connection between the 2 systems.

Thank you all for the attention!

MVP

Hi Andreia,

I didn't have any contact with Sales Force yet but I would do the following:

1. Download the Salesforce Postman collection from:
https://www.postman.com/salesforce-developers/workspace/salesforce-developers/collection/12721794-67cb9baa-e0da-4986-957e-88d8734647e2?ctx=documentation

2. Setup Salesforce and verify that authentication and some other REST API can be executed in Postman.

3. Continue with the implementation in WEBCON BPS.

This way you will know whether something doesn't work because of some configuration error in Salesforce/WEBCON BPS.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Andreia Correia

Hi Daniel,

Just one question, do we always need to use the postman for the rest api?
Or do you know if it's possible to configure the direct connection between Webcon and another app

Hi Andreia,

Postman is just a tool for testing/consuming a REST API. In the end WEBCON will communicate directly with Salesforce but it could take you longer to achieve it when you have no experience with REST in either system. Using postman, you can concentrate on setting up Salesforce, test all the APIs you need. This means, how they are called, for example whether it makes a difference if you use lower/upper cases, and you can have a look at the response. It will save you time.
After everything works you 'only' need to duplicate it in WEBCON BPS. If something doesn't work than, you know that it's related to the configuration in WEBCON BPS.

Best regards,
Daniel