Home > Forum > General > Remove an application

Remove an application

Is there any method of removing unwanted application?
Normally you can't do that from Designer Studio.
When an application has any processes or other elements it requires to remove them first
- the Studio prevents from having orphaned elements.
It is ok unless you want to remove the whole application.
The application I want to remove is quite complicated and removing all sub-elements would be very time consuming and tricky to find out which element should I remove first, etc.

Is there any other way of unconditional removing the whole application with all its elements?

MS

P.S. Maybe there is a way to cut out everything about the app to be deleted directly from DB?
For sure, it could be a way faster than manual procedure.

MVP

Hi Marcin,

unfortunately I'm not aware of such an option, also I would be really glad if there would be such an option. :)

This is my step list:
- Delete All workflow instances form all processes in the application using the 'Administration tools', I attached a screenshot
- Remove all UI elements in this order: Dashboard, Reports, Start. Maybe removing the Dashboards would be sufficient.
- Delete all process relations
- Delete all "normal processes"
- Delete all dictionary processes
- Delete all document template processes

You need to delete the "normal" processes first because they may reference a dictionary processes as a data source. If you have created a cycle you may have to delete one reference first. This may happen, when you have created a BPS Internal view for two processes, which are used picker field in those processes.

Using the hot keys the following approach will be quite fast to delete (UI) elements:
1. Select the last element in a category, for example the last dashboard
2. Press ctrl+del
3. cursor left followed by enter
4. Repeat 2 and 3

Best regards,
Daniel