Home > User Voice > Form rule foreach line in item list expanded functionality

Form rule foreach line in item list expanded functionality

MVP

It was a great addition when the foreach functionality was added in form rules for item lists, but they seem to be limited only to get and set values. There are plenty of reasons for witch you could need to disable a field or color ii differently using form rules. It would be great if styling fields with the foreach functionality would also be possible.

I have attached an example where the fields marked with yellow should be disabled if the checkbox on the row is checked.

MVP

Hi Razvan,

there's no need for a form rule in your case, as far as as the disabling is concerned:
https://community.webcon.com/forum/thread/764

I also have an item list with a column which color is styling depends on it's value, which is calculated based on other fields without resorting to JavaScript. If this is not possible within the for each function. I probably created the rule in the on value change of the source fields, created a general form rule and used this in the for each during form load.

Unfortunately I won't be able to have a look before Monday.

If you need to resort to JavaScript for some reason, you can take a look here:
https://community.webcon.com/forum/thread/552/15
I added a sample how you can call your JavaScript function within the for each so that you can access the current row.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Razvan,

there's no need for a form rule in your case, as far as as the disabling is concerned:
https://community.webcon.com/forum/thread/764

I also have an item list with a column which color is styling depends on it's value, which is calculated based on other fields without resorting to JavaScript. If this is not possible within the for each function. I probably created the rule in the on value change of the source fields, created a general form rule and used this in the for each during form load.

Unfortunately I won't be able to have a look before Monday.

If you need to resort to JavaScript for some reason, you can take a look here:
https://community.webcon.com/forum/thread/552/15
I added a sample how you can call your JavaScript function within the for each so that you can access the current row.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I know how to do it with JavaScript. I will have a look at other ways of doing it as well. If that was the case, I would have posted on the forum. I have added this functionality here on the user voice because I think it would be a nice addition to the already fresh and existing foreach functionality. :P

And on another side, maybe a little unrelated, what is your opinion about the way this additions are handled? I love that the colored tags were added and you know the progress of your suggestion, but don't you think that WEBCON should also post some comments related to the subjects? I'll probably do another suggestion about that.

MVP
In reply to: Razvan Ogrezeanu - ENCORSA Romania

Hi Daniel,

I know how to do it with JavaScript. I will have a look at other ways of doing it as well. If that was the case, I would have posted on the forum. I have added this functionality here on the user voice because I think it would be a nice addition to the already fresh and existing foreach functionality. :P

And on another side, maybe a little unrelated, what is your opinion about the way this additions are handled? I love that the colored tags were added and you know the progress of your suggestion, but don't you think that WEBCON should also post some comments related to the subjects? I'll probably do another suggestion about that.

Hi Razvan,

the reason why I replied here is, that it looks to others, as if those tasks couldn't be solved with low code options. If I remember correctly it's possible but not necessarily obvious. So enhancing this could be good. :)

The coloring/tagging is nice even if this is manual action. One request hat the tag started or similar but it was already implement according to the change log.

I wish you could filter those tags or exclude those with a tag from the default view. Or getting a notification when a tag is changed on your (voted) request.
In general I'm not sure how well the up/down votes work. I can't imagine that someone new will go through all request and vote.
Regarding comments/updates, there are probably at least five lists which would have to be maintained: User voice, support, internal user voice (probably), product owner feature list, backlog. Keeping the internal ones in sync may be possible. Those external list though will require some "Translation" and therefore manual work. Commit message: I hope this will finally fix this .... :)
Maybe you could ask your team how they would feal about this. ;)

So, in the end sure I would like to know more about the progress on tagged requests, but I do understand it why it's not happening. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

WEBCON
In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Razvan,

the reason why I replied here is, that it looks to others, as if those tasks couldn't be solved with low code options. If I remember correctly it's possible but not necessarily obvious. So enhancing this could be good. :)

The coloring/tagging is nice even if this is manual action. One request hat the tag started or similar but it was already implement according to the change log.

I wish you could filter those tags or exclude those with a tag from the default view. Or getting a notification when a tag is changed on your (voted) request.
In general I'm not sure how well the up/down votes work. I can't imagine that someone new will go through all request and vote.
Regarding comments/updates, there are probably at least five lists which would have to be maintained: User voice, support, internal user voice (probably), product owner feature list, backlog. Keeping the internal ones in sync may be possible. Those external list though will require some "Translation" and therefore manual work. Commit message: I hope this will finally fix this .... :)
Maybe you could ask your team how they would feal about this. ;)

So, in the end sure I would like to know more about the progress on tagged requests, but I do understand it why it's not happening. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

Hold this discussion for a week please. WEBCON BPS 2021 R4 version is coming.

"[Portal]
Added the ability to define global CSS styles. Styles can be defined in most
pages on Portal (forms, reports, dashboards, administration panel, embedded
elements). "